Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Birthday week, baby.

P.s. P day isn't until next Tuesday, I'm not sure if he meant Tuesday for us or Tuesday for him... soon I guess we will find out next week.


Hello  there family and friends! This week has been a pretty busy and fun week! Here is the update from Elder Jens!

Monday- Did normal P day festivities along with golfing! We went and played 9 holes at the Woolooware golf course! It was way nice! We didn’t pay for carts which was a mistake haha we walked the course which is something I have never done while golfing and will probably never do again haha having a cart is so much nicer! My game wasn’t as good as i would’ve hoped… hahaha but i still had heaps of fun! After P day we went to the Bakers home for dinner! It was a great day!

Tuesday- started off the day doing service at the Cashman’s home, where we did yard work and all that good stuff! Then we had lunch at their home, then we went and got our car and brought it back so we could wash it with their hose, so it would be clean for Zone Conference the next day! After that we went and taught Rolf and started his new member lessons with him, which is basically just going over all the lessons we taught him before his baptism! Then after that we went back to the Cashman’s for dinner and a lesson! Haha we were there a lot that day but it was good!

Wednesday- Woke up feeling a little older this day… haha we had Zone conference which was awesome!!! I felt older until I saw Elder Smith at zone conference and he said that technically it is still Tuesday at home so you aren’t 19 yet…haha but I still felt older! :) haha so zone conference was awesome! The trainings by President & Sister Back were amazing and the AP’s did a fine job as well! I was feeling spiritually uplifted at the end of it all! For lunch at zone conference we had costco pizza!! It actually tasted like american pizza too so that was an awesome lunch for my B day! Then during lunch we played a way fun paddle ball game with everyone and even president played too! So zone conference ended like 4:30, then we went home and changed and headed over to the Liehr’s home for dinner and a lesson! They made us Mexican food and they baked me a cake for my birthday with candles and all!! They made the day that much better! It was like being with family away from family! :)

Thursday- Did service for a less active member and shared a message after, then we were able to go and visit a member at Salvos, (Salvation Army) and say hi to him after the service! We met a way awesome guy who was keen on the Gospel but he doesn’t have a phone or a place of residence so it was hard to coordinate a time to teach him! So we are hoping we will see him around again! Then we went and taught Rolf and the lesson went good as usual! Then we went to the Bakers to do some service for them and we had dinner there as well! Twas a good day!

Friday- Our investigator cancelled his appointment with us which was a bummer but we rescheduled so it is all good! So Friday we spent heaps of time on the train talking to people! It is hard to find those that are interested but it is still fun to talk to people! I like riding the trains it is fun :) haha then we went to a farewell party for a couple in the ward! They are so awesome and they are a prime example of how the Gospel changes lives and blesses people! They just got sealed together in the temple like a week ago so they are just solid! It was good to be there and see them one more time before they leave!

Saturday- We did service for an elderly sister in the ward for the afternoon! Then we went and did some finding on the train until our appointment with the Lee’s! We had dinner with them and shared Elder Bednar’s talk from the 2015 Christmas Devotional! He talks about the first Christmas from the view of the Book of Mormon! It was really cool to hear! I advise you all to go watch it! :)

Sunday- Had a good time at church! I was just in a really great mood and just loved talking to people and being my sarcastic self with them haha! I love when I am i good moods like I was Sunday! Then after church we went to the Kendricks home for a belated birthday lunch! They made Birthday pancakes and they were the bomb!! We played kickball and my team won.. by a lot hahaha! It was nice going over there as usual! Then we went and just visited members and less actives the rest of the day and taught heaps of lessons so that was pretty awesome!

The Lord has truly been blessing us in this area and me in general! I often think that I don’t deserve all the blessings that the Lord has given me but I am truly grateful for all that he has given me! I am trying my best to stay obedient and to stay motivated so that I can repay the Lord for all that he has done for me! 

My spiritual thought for the week comes from 2 Nephi 32:3 “Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold the words of Christ will tell you all things ye should do.” 

Feast upon the words of Christ! The words of Christ will tell us all things we should do! We must read the scriptures daily and ponder what we read because the scriptures are how the Lord talks to us and answers our prayers! He loves us so much and  he wants to help us in all that we do, we just need to feast upon his words and follow his teachings! Happiness lies therein! I love the scriptures and the power they give me each day to do this divine work! The Scriptures are true!! 

Love you all heaps! Have a good week and enjoy this CHRISTmas season! :) 

Elder Jenson



Golfin' with da wardies

Dragons on a tie... You're welcome (Birthday gift from yours truly, Aubrey.)

Selfie game is strong...

Costco pizza... I don't really know why he took a picture of this. It's like he's never seen it before. 

Happy birthday to you... happy birthday to you

He's SO excited to eat cake...

"wow, this cake looks delicious."

"And I got presents... BEST DAY EVER"

He bought himself a new clothes for his day of birth... from the salvation army.
Sweet new shoes, bro.


and hat.. sweet new hat. 
Birthday gift from our sweet mamma.

No comments:

Post a Comment