Monday, July 3, 2017

how many days? 22.

We are halfway through the transfer... I think I can smell Utah ;) Here are some highlights from the week.

- Had a solid visit with the Sione family! One of their sons (Fa'alelei) is one of our YSA that we have been trying to work with. He is such a solid guy, he just has footy all the time which is why we aren't able to meet up as much as we would like. He had footy off this week so we were able to catch up and share a meal and a lesson with him. 

- Had a final DTM with President and Sister Back. They toured around the whole mission for their last 3 weeks and met with each district. We had such a solid training by both of them and it was so good to get to see them one more time before they go. I love them and I am grateful for their service these past 3 years. They definitely deserve a rest haha.

- We trained at the gym with David Dwyer which was so sick! Later that morning we met back up with him after studies and had a good lesson with him about service and reaching outside himself. The dude is a beast at the gym too just so ya know hahaha.

- A new YSA just moved down to Canberra from Brisbane. He is cousins with Ezra and Julius. He hooked us up with some mean haircuts so now I look way more presentable haha.

- We were able to finally sit down and have a lesson with Ezra and Julius. We were more trying to focus it on Ezra because he goes on his mission a week before I come home. We are wanting to re activate Julius too because he is the key for YSA success down here. He does everything he should be doing, he just chooses to work on Sundays, so hopefully we can fix that. The next day he took us out to dinner and dessert too so that was sick.

- We had a good FHE with the Belconnen ward YSA at the new YSA parent's house. We played some good games which I was cracking up at haha and we had 2 non members there that we are hoping will be keen for some lessons soon! 

Here is some of the best advice I have received on my mission. This is the recipe for activity in the church from the main man Pres Back himself. Here ya go,
1. Pray every single day, multiple times a day. Always keep a prayer in your heart!
2. Read the scriptures every single day, especially the Book of Mormon. Hold on to the Iron rod and you won't go astray in the mists of darkness.
3.Seek first the Kingdom of God. Fulfill your duties in the church and the Lord will provide for you.
4. Attend the Temple once a week. The blessings that come from that are incredible! I already had the experience of that before I came on my mission so I know it works and I want to continue that when I get home. the temple is the place where we can go with our problems and questions, and receive the answers/direction that we need from the Lord. Live too far away from the temple? Here is a solution for ya :) Make time once a week to go to a solitary place that is like a "temple" for 1-2 hours to pray and ponder so that the Lord can direct you more in your life. 

I know that this recipe is going to work so it is exactly what I am going to follow when I get home. It really isn't that hard and if you set goals, make plans, and do all you can to make them happen then you will be able to do these 4 simple things. The Lord lives and this is truly His church. Love you all have a good week :) 

Elder Jenson


No comments:

Post a Comment