Monday, July 10, 2017

two weeks, people...

Far out two weeks left.

- We went and played some mini golf for Pday which was pretty fun not gonna lie haha. I won too so that was cool.

-Had a FHE with the Perry family on the southside of Canberra which was really nice because it was last second haha.

-Drove up to Sydney for a meet and greet with the Binghams! It was so good to get to meet them and hear about them and who they are. Sister Bingham is pretty homesick and I felt bad for her haha I just wanted to give her a hug! We all got interviewed by him too which was sweet. The guy loves eye contact and he just stares into your soul haha he told me that he can tell I will be good when I go home and that I will do just fine, so that was comforting to hear. 

-We had a solid lesson with Layne and we committed him to baptism on the 29th of July and to come to church. He accepted both and he came to church on Sunday so that was sick! 

-We had a huge turnout to institute which was really good. It is good to see some progress with the YSA.

-We had a good lesson with Jordan Amosa about the Sacrament. Elder Lammi and him just went song for song on the piano so that was fun to watch haha they are both way good at playing piano and guitar! Jordan is self taught too. He can just listen to a song and then play it. 

-We did a big service project for David Amosa (Jordan's dad). We wheel burrowed heaps of wood chips, rocks, and dirt into his backyard so that was a good day of some manual labor! 

- Had dinner again with the Perry's on the southside and we were able to meet with the whole family this time which was good. We played a fun game before our lesson with them called "Speak Out". I definitely want to buy that when I get home haha. Look it up, it is crack up.

- We had mini mission over the weekend so we had Tj Sione with us for the weekend. We took him to do some service, door knocking and we tried to do some teaching but no one was home so that was a bummer. He seemed to enjoy it though so that was good :) 

Some awesome advice I got from my mission president this week in my interview was "to be the person I have become when I get home". I loved that advice and it is exactly what I needed to hear! I know that if I just be the person that my mission/the Gospel has formed me into, then I will be just fine. The Gospel has shaped me into a much better man and for that I am eternally grateful! I love this Gospel and what it can do for people and I love my mission and what it has done for me and taught me. Next  week is my final group email and I will just send you the one I send to my mission president because I have to send a big one to him reporting on my mission so I will send it to you guys as well! Love you have a good week! 

Elder Jenson







No comments:

Post a Comment