Monday, July 17, 2017

last one, people. He's comin' home!

What I sent to my mission president.

Dear President Bingham,
Well this is only my third email to you but it looks like it is my last. I am so grateful for the time that I have got to spend here in the Sydney South mission! I have learned more than I thought I would, and I have truly been changed by the Gospel, my mission, and my Savior Jesus Christ.  I have had many sacred experiences throughout my mission that have wrought this mighty change upon me! I can't really say that there has been one single event in my mission that has caused me to change, but it has been many different occasions and experiences that have changed me slowly but surely. Without my mission I know that I would be nothing. This experience has shaped my life for the eternities. I have come to learn how to live the Gospel more fully in my life and I have seen the blessings that have come from it. I have gained a strong testimony of the small and simple things. I am a lot more prepared to live a Gospel centered life than I was before my mission. I have always had the tools to live it, but now I have the knowledge and the experience which I was lacking. I have turned my testimony of this Gospel into a knowledge. I truly know that the Lord restored His church on the Earth today through the Prophet Joseph Smith. I know that this is the truth. I know that because I have put in the work necessary to obtain that testimony. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I have had so many spiritual experiences with the Book of Mormon, time and time again. The Spirit continues to testify of its truthfulness to me. I know that Jesus Christ truly did live and die for me. I have truly felt the power of His Atonement in my life. When I repent I truly feel the weight of my sins taken off my shoulders, and a sense of calm peace comes over me. There is no way I would feel that way if there wasn't actually an Infinite and Eternal sacrifice. One of the greatest things I was able to experience was working with a man named Byron in one of my areas. This man had been living a life completely opposite to what we teach in our church. When we met him he was on his way back to living a good life.  We gave this man a blessing to help him quit smoking and what do ya know, it worked. At that point I was like wow, the priesthood is so real and Heavenly Father is right beside us helping His work move forward. Then time went on and he got baptized and received the priesthood. One day I was with my companion in a fish n chips shop that Byron's mom worked at. She told us how grateful she was for our help in Byron's life. She went on to say that they had tried everything with him, they had even taken him to other churches and what not but nothing seemed to work. She said that she could see a complete change in Byron and that he was a new person. I remember I just wanted to cry while she was telling us about Byron's life and who he used to be. I was blown away with how much of a miracle that this guy had been. At this point I had realized how true this Church really is. Only the true Gospel of Jesus Christ and His Priesthood could bring to pass such a mighty change in someone like this. Through this experience and countless others I am certain that God and Jesus Chris do live and they love us so much! I have fallen in love with this Gospel and all it has to offer. I really geek out when it comes to the Gospel. I am grateful that I have learned how to study and increase my knowledge. I have a firm testimony of learning through the Spirit. Without the Holy Ghost my studies would be nothing, but with the Holy Ghost I have been able to learn more than I ever could on my own. This skill is something I am so grateful I have acquired! President I truly would be nothing without my mission, I can't say that enough. I have given the Lord a bread crumb and in return He has given me a loaf of bread. I feel like I have received way more from my mission than I ever put in. I am truly converted to Jesus Christ and His Gospel. I will always remember your advice you gave me, to be the person I have become. I will remember that and I will continue to keep doing the things that I have learned for my mission. I refuse to let these things I have learned go to waste. I will apply what I have learned. I will cherish these 2 years forever. I love you President and I sustain you with all my heart. 
Love,
Elder Jenson







1 comment:

  1. The first part completed the replacement of the gyros and other control items. In essence, they did only what they HAD to do as a minimum to regain complete control.

    iphone repair mcallen

    ReplyDelete