Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Mothers day was pretty great

So this week has been pretty quick and pretty normal haha! 

Monday- We had a normal P day and at the end of it we went to the Shoobridge's house to have dinner and a lesson with them! We didn't do anything too exciting today haha.

Tuesday- We had an appointment in Eden cancel on us so we ended up at the Mandeni fun park to do some service for the owner. We helped to get the archery range all set up for him that got messed up by the wind storm that hit. After we got it put back together he let us shoot at the targets for a little which was a lot of fun! Then we went to Debbie and Mark's house and did a little service for them. We got the areas ready for concreting! Then we had dinner and a lesson with them!

Wednesday- We went and taught Kylie at the family history center and after that we did some family history with her and did indexing! After that we had a late lunch and then we went to Bega to teach the Atika and her siblings. After that we went to game night and it was national Star Wars day so we spent the time there playing X wing with one of the kids there! It was a lot of fun!

Thursday- We spent the whole day at Norma and Maurice's house doing service for them! Norma took good care of us and she fed us so much food! For dinner she invited her neighbor over and we got to meet her and so that was a good way to plant seeds! Then we played rumiking with her and I won 2 out of 3 games so I was pretty happy haha! We also saw a wombat in their yard which is the first one I have seen! It growled at Maurice hahaha it was funny and scary!

Friday- We called into DTM and after that we ended up staying home in the flat because Elder Laga'aia came down with a bad cold! We got home and had lunch and then he fell asleep for like 6 hours haha we had to wake him up for dinner! So while he slept Elder Plata and I cleaned the car and then I did some studies and got my laundry done and organised all of my stuff so that was nice! I got to study a lot and it was nice to have extra time to read! That pretty much sums up the day haha!

Saturday- We went and did some concreting for Debbie at her house! They all were surprised that my Dad hasn't showed me how to do it and I told them that it was because he didn't want me following in his footsteps haha! I did pretty good at it though so I think I will do that for a living.. just kidding lol. Then after that we went and helped split some wood with Tom and Josh! After we did that we finally got to eat for the first time and it was dinner time haha so we went and bought a big feed at KFC! After that we went home and we found that we have fetching rats in our pantry hahaha! Elder Laga'aia was getting something out and he saw the rat run away haha we have found poop in the pantry a couple times but we just kinda ignored it and now we know for sure we have rats haha. We went to the store real quick after that and bought some poison pellets and some rat traps. We cleaned out our pantry and put all the food in a big plastic storage container that we bought and then we rigged up all the traps and made little feeding station with the poison pellets and put them behind the stove, and all in the pantry so those suckers are gonna be munching down on some poison or peanut butter and they will get snapped by the trap! Needless to say we should have some dead rats around our flat pretty soon!

Sunday- Happy Mothers Day to all the mother figures in my life, especially to my lovely mother dearest! I love you guys!! So we had church and everything there went good and it was a good time as usual! Then after church we went to the flat and made some lunch! After that we went to the Shoobridges house so that my comps could call home to their families! Then after that we went home and made some dinner and did our studies! 

Monday- I got to speak to my beautiful mother and the rest of my family! It was so great and such a blessing for me to be able top talk to them :) I love my mother and my family and I am so grateful for all that they do for me!! After I skyped we did service at the Shoobridges house for the day and we stayed there for dinner and FHE. In FHE we watched the Mountain of the Lord movie and it was so good I love that movie! 

My spiritual thought this week is on Mothers and it comes from the book of Alma in chapter 56,



 47 Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
 48 And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it.
The Strippling warriors knew that their mother's had a testimony in the things that they taught them. These verses show us the power that mothers have on their children's lives! I am grateful not only for my mom, but for all the motherly figures that I have in my life! I am so blessed to have all the great role models that I have that have helped shaped me into the man that I am today. To my mother and the other mother figures I have, I thank you and I love you!
-Elder Jenson
May the 4th be with you

He's so proud of his creation at Maccas (McDonalds for you Americans)

Modern day Katniss "I volunteer as tribute!"

Sweater gang... 

Um hi.. Has anybody seen my girlfriend LaFawnDuh?
Blackfoot lake and our boy
Crikey mates.. Its a wombat

He's eating pretty good if i do say so myself... 

is it even a real picture?

His main man Alex.. He's the cutest. We were lucky enough to meet him on Mother;s Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment