Sunday, November 29, 2015

Pride... it ends up costing $400

Well ladies and gentlemen, beware of pride! haha I shouldn’t have told you guys how cool I thought I was for being able to drive here, because I got a ticket for running a red light! hahaha they have speed cameras, and red light cameras here that take a picture of your license plate if you speed or run a red light! So i guess I ran a red light a couple weeks ago! haha I split it 70/30 with Elder Boden though so that helps a little! I still get to drive here luckily and the office Elder wasn’t mad at me :) They will just deduct 50 bucks every month from my monthly budget until it is paid off so it isn’t too bad :) Well now that we have all had a good laugh, here is my week! (The ticket for running a red light is approx $400.00 and thats the 70% Cam owes... haha poor Elder Boden has to pay for Cam's mistakes....literally.)

Monday- Had a glorious P day as usual! Played basketball with the whole zone at the end of the P day which is always a great time! Then to end the night off we went to an investigator family’s home for dinner and a lesson! They are a little hard to teach because there son just runs around the whole time, but they are so awesome and they are way nice to us and they have great questions! We just watched the end of the Prophet of the Restoration movie because we watched the first part the last time we met with them! Exited to see their progress as we keep teaching them!

Tuesday- We did some service in the morning for an elderly couple that aren’t members but the missionaries have done service for them in the past so we continued the tradition! The guy that we did the service for is way easy for me to talk to because he is just a sarcastic old guy like my Grandpa back at home so needless to say we hit it off pretty well! After that we did some finding on the train like usual and didn’t have too much success! Then we had dinner at the Cashman’s home like usual on Tuesday nights! After that we went and played football with the young men in our dress clothes! there are only like 3 active young men in the ward and then the leaders were there but it was still way fun! My main man Blake was there and he is a riot when we play sports haha he always plays shirtless and says “i’m fired up mate!” haha then Angus Liehr threw a touchdown pass to me and I threw one to Luke Kendrick! Needless to say, our team won! haha good night! 

Wednesday- Started off the day with more service! We helped do yard work for a member family in our ward! After that they fed us lunch and we went home and showered! Then we went and visited two less active members in the ward! We shared a message about Ether 12:27 “When ye are in the service of your fellow man ye are only in the service of your God” The guy we shared it with said that it was exactly what he needed to hear! So hats off to Elder Boden because he chose the scripture! I just bore testimony, to what he had already taught! Then we went and taught Rolf about temples and Family History! We are going to get him in the temple to be baptised for his Father and other Family members! He is excited to do that! Then we went home and I made some Alfredo for us! I got a recipe that was a copy cat one for Olive Garden’s Alfredo sauce! I think it tasted exactly like it so I was way happy with the final product and I ate heaps mate!! haha then we got a call from a member in our flat complex that needed help taking a couch down to the curb to be thrown away, so we went and helped out and said good night to them! We get to our door to our flat and it is locked, where are the keys you ask? In the flat! hahaha so we had to call the AP’s to bring us a spare key and let us in! haha so it took them like 30 minutes to get to us! While we were waiting I was chilling on the boot (trunk) of the car and a possum ran by me on the fence! I freaked out thinking it was gonna attack me! Once it passed me I ran from the car freaking out! Haha I lived so all is well :) 

Thursday- woke up at 5:15 so we could go play some Turkey B Ball at the Mortdale chapel with the zone! My team tore it up! It was fun to play some sport just like we did back at home for Thanksgiving! Then we did some finding, weekly planned, and did more finding! Then Kendrick Family had us over for Thanksgiving dinner and a game of kickball as usual! We had Turkey, green beans, corn, potatoes, sweet potato casserole, and a caramel banana pie for dessert! It was so good and so awesome of Sister Kendrick to make that for us :) 

Friday- We had DTM, then an MCM with our ward mission leader! After that we were planing on having 3 lessons through out the day but sadly they all cancelled on us haha but hey thats the life of a missionary right?? So we ended up updating our area book heaps and we did some finding on the train! After that we met with Tom Lennon at Macca’s and had dinner and a message with him! After that we did more finding on the train and then we went home for the night! 

Saturday- We went to the ward priesthood golf event at the par 3 course near our flat! We weren’t able to play because it is a mission rule but it was a good time for us to interact with the members and get to know them better! We got to keep score for them haha I wanted to play so bad though!! So one of the members there works for the salvation army and he brought all these clubs that were donated and at the end he just gave them to us to take to our flat because he has heaps of sets at his house and he gets new ones all the time! So we are going to get some missionaries together next P day and go play 9 holes at a different golf course near us and I am stoked for that! :) then we came home and did our personal study and contacted some less actives! Then that night we were helping out at the relief society Christmas party and we helped serve food and clear the tables for them! In return, we got to eat all the left overs which was a ton!! So many good salads, and desserts it was un real!! Sister Liehr was the one in charge and she was the one who invited us! She always takes good care of us and makes sure we are doing good! Her and sister Kendrick are sisters so it explains why they are so awesome and why their families are both awesome! Then after that we went home for the night! It was a good day getting to know members better and interact with them :)

Sunday- Had ward council, then normal church meetings. Came home and did personal study and had lunch! Then we visited a Less active member of the ward and then we had a stake general priesthood session at Mortdale chapel which went really well! Pretty basic Sunday haha not too much to report on it!

So during one of my studies this week I had the Spirit touch my heart when I was reading about the Millennium and the Second Coming! I got such a happy feeling and excitement in my chest when I thought of the day when I get to see Christ again and dwell with him on Earth! I look forward to that day! So what I was thinking about was if the second coming was tomorrow would I be ready to meet my Savior and Redeemer? I know I can be better and thinking about that makes me want to be better! So think about that through out your days and see if your actions would make you proud to report to the Lord or if you would be ashamed and guilty? I know that as long as we try our best and constantly work at being better followers of Jesus Christ, that the Lord will bless us in our efforts and that we will be happier in this life! I know that is true with all my heart! Love you all and hope you have a great week!!

-Elder Jenson
hmm.... The only thing that comes to mind is dirty... so I will keep it to myself.

like, the cutest sunglasses, EVERRRRR. $230 ain't nothin'. 

HE COOKS?!!? 

Such a fatty.

Turkey Ball, baby. It's a Thanksgiving tradition.

My mom sent Cam a christmas package, looks like he got the package!

Twinning....

And this is a picture he took of himself whilst writing this weekly update. 
Cam sent us this little story this week.... I thought I would share it for those of you who have not heard it before.

The following event took place in a ward in Salt Lake City in 1974. It occurred during Sacrament Meeting and was told to me by a Regional Representative of the twelve, who was in the meeting. A young man, just before leaving on his mission, stood in Sacrament Meeting and bore, in essence, the following testimony. "My Brothers and Sisters, as you know, during the past few weeks I have been awaiting my mission call. During the time I was waiting I had a dream I was in the pre-existence and was awaiting my call to come to earth. I was filled the same excitement and anticipation that I had before I received my mission call. In my dream, I was talking to a friend. He was a very dear friend, and I felt a special closeness to him, even though I've never met him in this life. As we talked, a messenger came and gave me a letter. I knew it was my call to go to earth. In great excitement my friend and I opened the letter I gave it to him and asked him to read it aloud. The letter said: You have been called to earth in a special time and to a special land. You will be born into the true church, and you will have the priesthood of God in you home. You will be raised with many advantages and many blessings. You will be born in a land of plenty-a land of freedom. You will go to earth in the United States of America. "My friend and I rejoiced as we read my call. And while we rejoiced, the messenger returned. This time he had a letter for my friend. We knew it was his call to earth. My friend gave me the letter to read aloud. The letter said: You have been called to go to earth in circumstances of poverty and strife. You will not be raised in the true church. Many hardships will attend your life. Your land will be fraught with political and social difficulties which will hinder the word of the Lord. You will be born in Costa Rica. We wept, my friend and I as we read his call. And my friend looked at me with tears in his eyes and said, "when we are down on earth, you in your choice land and me in Costa Rica, my friend, come and find me." Then this young missionary, with tears in his own eyes, said, "Brothers and Sisters, I have received my mission call. I am going to Costa Rica. There is a special sequel to this story. About a year after this Sacrament Meeting, the Bishop to this Ward received a letter form the Missionary in Costa Rica. The letter had one sheet of paper in it, and on the sheet was written in inch-high letter four word: I FOUND MY FRIEND.

No comments:

Post a Comment