Monday, April 4, 2016

he had a normal haircut

Hi everyone 👋 my week has been pretty darn good! Here is the rundown!

Tuesday- We had our P day and we went golfing! I beat my comps and I had so much fun playing again! There were some roos all over the course too so that was sweet haha a little scary but they were harmless! So the course closed at like 5 but the owner let us stay after hours to finish our game, he said he would close the gate and leave the lock unlocked so we could get out and he said to just lock the gate after we left, well we got to the gate and it was locked hahaha we don't know how! So we drove around trying to find a way out but we couldn't so we called Sam Parker who knows the owner and got his number and he came and let us out! Hahaha it was pretty funny! Then we went to the Parker's house and we had dinner and a message it was great! 

Wednesday- We met Kylie at the Family History Center to watch the Prophet of the Restoration movie with her! She loved it and she learned a lot from it! Then we did some family history with her and talked with the other people there. After that we went and had some late lunch and then drove to Bega! We went over the baptismal questions with Atika for her interview the next day and then Sister Walker gave us more food haha I was so stuffed after that! Then we went to nerd night and played a cool card game with Josh, and a non member guy there! We let the non member win so that he would convert.. lol. just kidding he won fair and square!

Thursday- We went out and did some good ole' tracting! I knocked on this one door and after the guy opened it before I could even finish my sentence asking him how he was he said F*** off and slammed the door hahahahaha I didn't know whether to laugh or be pissed so I just laughed and was pissed at the same time haha! Then we knocked for an hour more and nothing came from it, but on the last door we had success with a 73 year old lady named Jilly! She started off saying that she wasn't interested at all and then she started talking to Elder Laga'aia while Elder Cherrington and I went and knocked one of the other appartments in the complex. We went over and joined the conversation and she told us how she has a brain tumor and that her husband left her 2 days after they found out. She said that she doesn't know why she is still here and why God is still keeping her here and so I got to bear testimony to her that God has a plan for her and that she is here for a reason and I told her that I know that our message we share is true and that it can bless her life and help her situation! She agreed to take the lessons in a couple of weeks after she is done with some more doctor appointments. The Spirit really worked through her, it went from not interested, to sad and depressing, to a happy fun conversation with laughing! She said she had been praying to God to know what she should do with her life and then she met us! That just testified to me that I am truly on the Lord's errand and that he leads and directs His work! Jilly lives right across the street from us so we are going to walk her dog for her and help her out when she needs it! It was a solid first contact and she was awesome! She really needed friends so it was great to reach out to her and show her that she has friends in the missionaries! Then we went to the interviews of Kylie and Atika and they both passed with flying colors! Then The senior couple the Jensens who came down to do the interview took us to Maccas for dinner! We got to do a create your own burger and it was so good!! Then we went home and gave each other hair cuts... I gave myself one and just had Elder Cherrington cut the back for me and it looked solid! Then I cut his hair and Elder Laga'aia's hair! Then after I got out of the shower I thought I needed to take it up higher on the left side of my head, so I did. Long story short, I messed it up and now I have a #1 buzz cut hahahahahaha so I look great for the baptisms!:) Hahaha we had a good laugh about it and we still do every time someone looks at me and when I look in the mirror I can't help but crack up:) This was a fun filled day with a lot of cool stuff that happened!

Friday- Pretty basic and boring day haha we called in for DTM and then we went to Josh's house to do some service for them for the rest of the day and we had dinner with them! We got to light a massive pile of old wood and tree branches on fire so that was pretty sick because I love fire haha!

Saturday- Today was dunking day! Atika and Kylie were baptised at the Wrights swimming pool and it went great! They were both really happy and they knew they were making the right choices! After they got out of the water they said that they weren't even cold like they thought they would be and I told them because they were feeling the Spirit so strong and it was keeping them warm haha. So Atika is a foster child and her case worker came to the baptism and she read the scripture we put on the back of the program from 2 Nephi 31:12-13 and she really liked it and asked where it came from so we were able to give her a Book of Mormon! The Spirit was working through everyone haha it was awesome! Then we had a little luncheon after the baptisms and it was great! Then we had a little of a baptismal hangover and we went and had a nice Maccas meal to celebrate the baptisms haha Elder Laga'aia dropped 24 bones on his meal hahaha it was pretty funny. 

Sunday- I had the privilege of confirming both Atika and Kylie! It was an awesome opportunity and it went really well! I was a little worried that I didn't do that well but then Debbie Parker complimented me on how thoughtful and meaningful my blessings were that I gave and she said she really appreciated them and she said she was sure that they did too, so that was a tender mercy from the Lord, and I appreciated it! Then after church we went to see Jilly but she wasn't home or she was sleeping haha so we went and did some door knocking. Tracting sucks on its own but on fast Sunday it is even worse! We walked past the house of the guy that told me to F*** off the other day when we tracted his house and I waved to him and he flipped us off hahaha it was pretty funny hahaha Then the first door we knocked a lady accepted to hear our message right away which is a first for me on the mission so I was caught off guard and didn't really know what to say haha so we taught the second half of the Restoration and gave her a pamphlet and got her number to hopefully go back and teach her again! Then we just had zero success the rest of the time tracting haha met like one or two nice people and the rest are just typical mean people! we knocked on a door that had signs that said no knocking if you are a sales person so I was like stuff it knock it anyways haha we aren't selling anything! The lady told us to leave then her husband yelled at us from their balcony and told us that we had no right to knock on their door and I was like we just wanted to see if we could offer you some free service sometime and he just kept yelling so I was like we were wrong to knock on your door please forgive us and he just was like your going to heaven we're not and he just waved his hand at us to leave haha so it was pretty funny but at the same time I just want to yell at the guy! Then we went and did some sacrament visits in Bega and came home and had dinner! With daylight  savings it is now dark outside by 6:00 so it sucks haha! 

My spiritual message this week is from the book of Helaman Chapter 5,  And now, my sons, rememberremember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ymust build your foundationthat when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power oveyou to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo,because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is sure foundation, foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

If we build our foundation on a rock (Christ) then we will be able to have strength through trials, temptations and adversity! I know it is true I have felt it in my life! 
 Love you all have a good week!

Elder Jenson

instead of deer.... there are kangaroos

good form...

nice tie...

during his hair cut

after.... #noshirtsunday
 DISCLAIMER:I had a normal hair cut but then I decided to take it up a little higher on the left side and I went too high... that is why the end result is my bald head hahaha 😂
cutest little boy ever

the burn pile

The font

Atika's baptism 

Kylie's baptism

beachin'

No comments:

Post a Comment