Monday, June 19, 2017

1 of 6

It is scaring me how fast the weeks are going by... its good though.. but I hate it at the same time haha! Some good things that happened this week are,

- Had a good p day spent at the Australian parliament  house. Did some good site seeing! 

- Met with our new investigator Layne. The sisters were teaching him but they got pulled out of the YSA program so we took over some of their work. Layne is a good Christian kid who really loves the Bible. He isn't bashy or anything which is so good! We try our best to use the Bible and the Book of Mormon while teaching him. We taught him about the Plan of Salvation which was super good.

- Did a lot of finding this week. Mostly door knocking again. I love my companions and we have a dang good time while we do it so I don't even mind at all! We have a fun game where we carry around a dictionary with us and then we give a random word to whoever's turn it is. The best part is we increase our vocabulary while we do finding haha.

-Had a cool miracle while trying to visit a YSA. His little brother was home who is like 17 and he had his friend over who happens to be 7th Day Adventist. He was super nice and we just played pool with him. He had a lot of good questions and is really trying to find the truth in his life. We are hoping to go back to the family's house and teach him so we will see what happens! 

- Had a good lunch appointment with a young mexican couple in the ward and it was such good food! They made us some bomb burgers and we tried some of her spicy guacamole and it was hot!!! 

- Met with Jordan Amosa this week and had a good lesson about repentance with him, his younger brother and his brother's friend. They both came to church the next day too so I guess something might have stuck with them and motivated them to come.

- Had a dinner with the Barber family again and we got to talk to Josh more about preparing for his mission and just cracking some jokes with him. We have gotten pretty tight with that family so it has been good! 

I love this quote from Elder Ballard from the last General Conference,

"I have observed that those whaccomplish the most in this world are those with vision for their lives, with goals to keep them focused on their vision and tactical plans for hoto achieve them. Knowing where you are going and how you expect to get there can bring meaning, purpose, and accomplishment to life."

Coming to the end of my mission has really made me contemplate goals that I have and where I want to be in the future. I truly have learned to love setting goals and trying my best to follow them. I have been able to write down a few for when I get home and I know that they will help me to stay on the pathway back to my Father in Heaven. As we prayerfully set and keep goals, we will progress more than those who don't have goals. Love you all and have a good week!

Love,
Elder Jenson














No comments:

Post a Comment