Monday, June 12, 2017

caving and waterfallin


Man so we went caving this morning with Brett Baker and we don't have heaps of time to email so I will just hit ya with the same format as my past few weekly emails.

- We had a solid lesson with Jack about the life of Christ and we were able to really connect with him. Later in the week we went to his footy game as well to support him and he killed it! He was stoked that we came too so it was a good way to build his trust.

- There was a big 50th anniversary of the building and dedication of one of the chapels here in Canberra. It was a big celebration with heaps of food and lots of members came around for it! It was a big feed and celebration on Saturday and then Sunday there was a big stake sacrament meeting which was sick!! 

- We got to meet with David Dwyer and have a good catch up with him and share a lesson

- We had a lesson with a potential we found on the bus one day named Jimmy. He is from China and is super cool and interested in how the Atonement can change his life.

- We had a good week working with all the less actives that we have been seeing. They are all making some progress and we have a good connection with all of them. 

-We had two sick Pdays in a row! Last week we went to a sweet Waterfall and today we went and did some caving with Brett Baker which was one of the coolest experiences ever! At one point in the cave we just turned off our head lamps and sat in complete darkness and sang some hymns. It was a really powerful experience and one I will never forget! 

I am just loving the work down here and every week is just so good! I love my comps and everything is going good :) sorry for the shortness of this email haha I will do better next week! 
I think I have sent this scripture before but I love it so much and I just read it again this week because this is where I am in the Book of Mormon. It is in 3 Nephi 9:14 and it is the words of Christ. He says,

"Yea, verily say unto you, iye will come unto me ye shalhave eternal lifeBehold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will receive; and blessed are those who come unto me."

I know that the Savior is always there for us. His arms are always extended towards us. Love you guys have a good week! 

Elder Jenson









No comments:

Post a Comment